Vanapa is a family run farm. Our farm is tucked deep into a remote village in Tamilnadu. At Vanapa we try to lead a simple and a content life. Respecting nature is as important as we enjoy nature.
NOTE: Setting Expectations
1. Vanapa is a genuine simple farmstay and NOT a resort. Just in case you were thinking 😉
2. You will get a chance to witness and experience day-to-day farm life.
3. We recommend that every guest go through our web site thoroughly in order to check out what facilities are available/ not available at our farmstay before making a reservation, if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to drop us an email.
4. We have 2 cottages – Velliangiri Cottage (accommodates 4 Adults), Jarawa Cottage (5 Adults). You can also choose to stay in our military tent. PLEASE NOTE: Do let us know if you are ok with sharing the cottage with another guest.
5. All meals will be served in our common dining area. Breakfast 8 am to 10:00am. Dinner 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
6. All Taxes that are applicable on the date of your booking are applicable over and above the Room Tariff.
7. In order to conserve water etc. we only change linen and towels when the guests request us. Similarly room cleaning is by guest request too as we are a farmstay and not a hotel.
8. NOTE: Foreign nationals need to fill a C-Form issued by the government before arrival. They must bring copies of their passports as required by local police.
9. For Enquiry/Reservation please call between IST 9 am to 8 pm.
10. We have compiled a welcome pamphlet with useful information. It has a lot of information about our farm, farmstay, local places to eat, shop, site-seeing, emergency numbers etc. Do read it when you arrive so you can be familiar with things around our farm and plan your trip accordingly.
Velliangiri Cabin : Rs 2,500/-+ 21.5% tax
Jawara Cabin : Rs 2,000/- + 21.5% tax
Military Tent : Rs 1,400/- + 21.5% tax
Upon checkout, we charge a nominal fee of Rs 250/- towards cleaning per cottage.
The above rates are inclusive of breakfast and per couple, please add Rs 75/- for breakfast for per additional person.
Govt taxes mentioned above are as per applicable at the time of booking date. Presently 12.5% Luxury Tax (State Govt) & 9.0 % Service + Swach Bharat Tax (Central Govt) on room tariff and all services.
Complimentary : Children below 5 years and adults above 70 years are not charged if accompanied with two other persons aged between (20 and 70).
You are in the south of India, in Tamilnadu, in a natural farm/forest. Considering this, here are few things to expect.
Roti/Chapathis/Parotta : in Tamilnadu Rotis/Chapathis/Parottas are not an option for breakfast. You can expect Rotis/Chapathis for Dinner.
Milk : You will surely be treated to some healthy freshly drawn milk in the mornings. We suggest you try our raw milk fresh out of the cattle, they really do taste great. If you are not a fan of raw milk, we can always heat them up for you.
NO Sugar : At Vanapa we use Jaggery (if needed) to sweeten milk
Breakfast : You can expect Idly, Dosa, Upma (Semolina), Pongal (Rice), Poori, Bread, Farm made Butter/Ghee/Yogurt
Tea/Coffee/Milk : Will be served for breakfast and in the evenings upon request.
Lunch/Dinner : Please inform us early during the day if you would like to have Lunch/Dinner with us.
Veg INR 125/- : (Chapathi/Roti, Rice, Veg, Curry) With farm made Butter/Ghee/Butter Milk/Yogurt upon request
Non Veg INR 175/- :(Chapathi/Roti, Rice, Veg, Curd, Butter Milk, Chicken Curry/Fry) With farm made Pickle/Butter/Ghee/Butter Milk/Yogurt upon request
Your typical day can include :
• Cleaning/Feeding & Milking our Cows
• Feeding over enthusiastic Calves (it is your responsibility to run behind them and bring them back if you let them out :-))
• Composting, watering, mulching, planting, harvesting
• you are free to join us in our cooking
• Learn to make our Traditional Ghee (Clarified Butter)
• Permaculture Discussions
• Teach us your skills if you think we can use them in our farm
• Low Light (lantern/oil lamps) Evening Gathering for Nature related talks/Story Telling/Singing & Dancing
• Star Gazing (if the moon permits)
• Moving rocks for fitness freaks 🙂
and more ….
Bookings will be considered confirmed only after you transfer 100% of the room tariff that is reflected in our email to you. Confirmation will be sent by email or SMS upon receipt of advance payments.
NOTE: Foreign nationals must bring copies of their passports as required by local police
Transfer details below:
Account Name : PRAKASH KANNAN
Account Number : 5061004701
Account Type : Savings Bank Account
Bank Name : CITIBANK
IFSC : CITI0000005
BRANCH : PUNE
NOTE: All guests need to present an photo ID document like drivers license or PAN card etc. Foreign nationals must bring copies of their passports as required by local police.
Muniyappan is the manager/care taker in charge and will look to all your needs.
Govindamal (Akka) helps with the cleaning of all Cottages, also runs the kitchen, please let her or Muniyappan know if you are planning on Lunch/Dinner here.
Devraj (Anna) is our cattle whisperer. He is the goto man to discuss about our cattle.
Muniyappan – +91 – 9659578193
Muniyappan & Akka are on the farm premise only from 10 am to 5 pm. Devraj Anna will be there in the farm 24×7 along with two other helping hands.